Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Waterloo
M.Sc. Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
B.Sc. Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
My research areas are:
Dew Computing, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, and Bioinformatics.
Major contributions in Dew Computing:
· Devised the Cloud-Dew Architecture which leads to the creation of the new research area and application area: Dew Computing.
· Made the first group of progress in the Dew Computing area.
· Made major contributions in the process to get the Dew Computing area recognized internationally.
Major contributions in bioinformatics:
· The International Journal of Cloud Computing and the whole Inderscience Publishers highly rated paper . On September 15, 2015, Inderscience Publishers announced the endeavor of cloud-dew architecture to the science community in the form of a public release. Over 30 media published the news, including some media in Russia, India, Japan, Montenegro, and Colombia. These media are listed here.
· A new research area, dew computing, was created and international workshops are held annually.
· The 1st International Workshop on Dew Computing (July 7 – 8, 2016. Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
· The 2nd International Workshop on Dew Computing (May 24, 2017, Opatija, Croatia)
· IEEE Computer Society reviewed this new research area, and approved to create an organization to oversee dew computing research. The name of the organization is: IEEE Computer Society Special Technical Community on Dew Computing (STCDC). STCDC was established in Dec. 2017. I was appointed as the Chair of the STCDC Committee.
· STCDC Committee will organize the 3rd International Workshop on Dew Computing (DEWCOM 2018). DEWCOM 2018 will be held in Oct. 29 - 31, 2018 in Toronto.
· UPEI Presidential Recognition Award of Merit for Scholarly Endeavours, 2017.
· UEPI Annual Merit Award for Outstanding Scholarly Achievement (2016 - 2017).
· Member, Internet Society
· Memeber, IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Services Computing
 WANG Yingwei, Karolj Skala, Andy Rindos, Marjan Gusev, YANG Shuhui, and PAN Yi, Dew Computing and Transition of Internet Computing Paradigms, ZTE Communications. 2017, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 30-37.
 Kibenge MJT, Wang Y, Morton A, Routledge R, Kibenge FSB (2017)
Formal comment on: Piscine reovirus: Genomic and molecular phylogenetic
analysis from farmed and wild salmonids collected on the Canada/US Pacific
Coast. PLoS ONE 12(11): e0188690. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0188690
 Yingwei Wang, An Attempt to Model Dew Computing, DEWCOM 2017, May 24, 2017, Opatija, Croatia.
 Yingwei Wang and David LeBlanc, Integrating SaaS and SaaP with Dew Computing, 2016 IEEE International Conferences on Big Data and Cloud Computing (BDCloud), Social Computing and Networking
(SocialCom), Sustainable Computing and Communications (SustainCom), pp. 590-594, Oct. 8-10, 2016, Atlanta, Georgia, USA (DOI 10.1109/BDCloud-SocialCom-SustainCom.2016.92).
 Andy Rindos and Yingwei Wang, Dew Computing: the Complementary Piece of Cloud Computing, 2016 IEEE International Conferences on Big Data and Cloud Computing (BDCloud), Social Computing and Networking
(SocialCom), Sustainable Computing and Communications (SustainCom), pp. 15-20, Oct. 8-10, 2016, Atlanta, Georgia, USA (DOI 10.1109/BDCloud-SocialCom-SustainCom.2016.14).
 Marcos G. Godoy, Molly J. T. Kibenge, Yingwei Wang, Rudy Suarez, Camila Leiva, Francisco Vallejos and Frederick S. B. Kibenge, First description of clinical presentation of piscine orthoreovirus (PRV) infections in salmonid aquaculture in Chile and identification of a second genotype (Genotype II) of PRV, Virology Journal, Vol. 13, No. 98. pp. 1--15, (2016).
 Yingwei Wang, Definition and Categorization of Dew Computing, Open Journal of Cloud Computing (OJCC), vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2016.
 Molly Juliet Kibenge, Tokinori Iwamoto, Yingwei Wang, Alexandra Morton, Richard Routledge, and Frederick Stephen Kibenge, Discovery of variant infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISAV) of European genotype in British Columbia, Canada, Virology Journal, 13(3), Jan. 2016, DOI:10.1186/s12985-015-0459-1.
 Yingwei Wang, The Relationships among Cloud Computing, Fog Computing, and Dew Computing, Dew Computing Research, Nov. 12, 2015.
 Yingwei Wang, The Initial Definition of Dew Computing, Dew Computing Research, Nov. 10, 2015.
 Yingwei Wang and Yi Pan, Cloud-dew architecture: realizing the potential of distributed database systems in unreliable networks, the 21st International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'15 ), Las Vegas, Jul. 2015.
 Yingwei Wang (2015), Cloud-dew architecture, International Journal of Cloud Computing, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp.199-210.
 Marcos G Godoy, Rudy Suarez, Eduardo S Lazo, Katerina O Llegues, Molly JT Kibenge, Yingwei Wang, and Frederick SB Kibeng, Genetic analysis and comparative virulence of Infectious Salmon Anemia Virus (ISAV) types HPR7a and HPR7b from recent field outbreaks in Chile, Virology Journal 11/2014; 11(1):204. DOI:10.1186/s12985-014-0204-1, 2.09 Impact Factor (Highly Accessed).
 Molly J.T Kibenge, Tokinori Iwamoto, Yingwei Wang, Alexandra Morton, Marcos G Godoy and Frederick S.B Kibenge, Whole-genome analysis of piscine reovirus (PRV) shows PRV represents a new genus in family Reoviridae and its genome segment S1 sequences group it into two separate sub-genotypes, Virology Journal, 2013,10:230 doi:10.1186/1743-422X-10-230, 2.09 Impact Factor (Highly Accessed).
 Frederick SB Kibenge, Marcos G Godoy, Yingwei Wang, Molly JT Kibenge, Valentina Gherardelli, Soledad Mansilla, Angelica Lisperger, Miguel Jarpa, Geraldine Larroquete, Fernando Avendano, Marcela Lara, and Alicia Gallardo. Infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISAV) isolated from the ISA disease outbreaks in Chile diverged from ISAV isolates from Norway around 1996 and was disseminated around 2005, based on surface glycoprotein gene sequences. Virology Journal, 6:88, 2009. The first three co-authors are equal contributors, 2.09 Impact Factor (Highly Accessed).
 Frederick S.B. Kibenge, Molly J.T. Kibenge, Yingwei Wang, Biao Qian, Shebel Hariharan and Sandi McGeachy. Mapping of putative virulence motifs on infectious salmon anaemia virus surface glycoprotein genes, Journal of General Virology, 88:3100-3111, 2007, 3.53 Impact Factor.
 Frederick S.B. Kibenge, Molly J.T. Kibenge, Yingwei Wang, Biao Qian, Shebel Hariharan, and Sandi McGeachy,
Correlates of virulence of infectious salmon anaemia virus. OIE Global
Conference on Aquatic Animal Health,
 Molly T. Kibenge, Yingwei Wang, Biao Qian, Sandi McGeachy, Frederick Kibenge, Virulence Phenotypes of Infectious Salmon Anaemia Virus (ISAV), 5th International Symposium on Aquatic Animal Health B ISAAH, San Francisco Marriott, San Francisco, California, USA, September 2006.
 Wang, Y., Hale, L., Hill, K., Singh, S.: Mining invariants in biological sequences. In Workshop Proceedings: Petra Perner (Ed.), Workshop on Data Mining in Life Sciences, DMLS2006, IBaI CD-Report, ISSN 1617-2671, July 2006, p. 111-118.
 Yingwei Wang, Kathleen Hill, Shiva Singh, and Lila Kari. The spectrum of genomic signatures: from dinucleotides to chaos game representation, GENE, 346:173-185, 2005.
CS-2060 Web Development and Programming
CS-3220/BIO-3220 Introduction to Bioinformatics
HUB885/VPM885 Bioinformatics for Graduate Students
· Provincial Science Fair Liaison
· School Program Committee
· School Review Committee
· School CS Honors Committee
· Faculty Association Representative